- Min 5 years of experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Requires full-stack development experience in Java technologies
- Requires expert level experience in developing micro-services using Spring Boot & JPA
- Requires experience with one of the major relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- Strong knowledge in Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS)
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate, angular JS and AWS exposure (preferred)
- Requires Git, SVN or similar distributed SCM tools experience
- Required to have strong object oriented programming experience using Java
- Requires experience and Strong understanding of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software design/architecture process, CI/CD processes, unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Required experience with web services (consuming and creating) with REST, SOAP, Dockers and Containers.
- Requires strong knowledge of SOA, object-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded application development
- Essential to have experience in real-time streaming systems. IOT domain knowledge a big plus.
- Essential to have experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web applications
- Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting edge front-end technology—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions
If you are comfortable with the role, please apply here with your updated resume ASAP.
About this role:
The Sr. Applications Developer provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). Participates in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. This position provides input to applications development project plans and integrations. Collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration and maintenance. Provides input to department and project teams on decisions supporting projects.
The selected candidate must have excellent communications skills, strong organizational and follow-up skills, be able to set and meet deadlines, establish effective plans, as well as interact effectively with other developers, management and internal customers.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Work with internal and external teams, and independently to gain understanding of the current applications
- Interface with customer and external teams to explain application functionality and behaviour as needed
- Address issues that are reported internally or externally, specifically production or security issues
- Make updates to the applications based on needs outlined in the agile sprint requirements
- Analyse current documentation and make improvements as necessary
- 3 days of the week will be in the office and 2 days remotely.
- Full stack Java Development with Spring Boot
- Experience with Angular JS and JMS
- Knowledge of Agile Development
- Position Requirements:
- Work location is based at Trivandrum
- Willing to travel to US for onsite assignment
At least 5+ years of experience of IT experience This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance.